[TYPO3-mvc] Persistence of value objects

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:07:51 CEST 2012

Hi list,

i currently try to change my domain model for a person. Therefore i'd
like to make the assigned addresses a value object, because there are
many instances with the same address and i don't care about all existing
addresses.

When monitoring the database i've noticed that same addresses were saved
as seperate instances, with a uid etc.

To verfiy this, i've installed the blog_example and had a look at how
tags are persisted. It behaves in the same way.

It looks as if they are handled in the same way like entities, is there
a reason for this behaviour? I guess this is not the intended way, is it?

I'm currently using extbase 1.4.1 with some cherry picks, which should
not affect this part of persistence.

regards
Dennis