[TYPO3-mvc] Problems with localization

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Wed Apr 18 14:37:54 CEST 2012

Hi everyone

I got some problems with localization and I'm not sure if I didn't
understand the way it works or Extbase doesn't work as expected:

A website visitor registers for a symposium. He can do it in German or
English, and the language uid of his registration is saved to a field
user_language that is set as language field in TCA control section:

'languageField' => 'user_language',

Part of the registration is the possibility to choose a workshop. The
workshop is an 1:n relation to a workshop domain model, and workshops
are localized, so for each workshop there's a language overlay with the
translation.

Registering and sending a localized confirmation mail works fine. As for
the workshop choice the uid of the workshop in the default language is
saved, not the one of the uid. As far as I know this is normal TYPO3
behaviour.

Now I need to send a reminder mail to all participants from a backend
module. The problem is that in the confirmation mail the properties of
the workshop relation are in default language, not in the language of
the registration.

I'd appreciate any help in that matter.

Best regards,

Lorenz