[TYPO3-mvc] switchableControllerAction, cache and never been able to call updateAction?

Gerhard Mehsel sparking at gmx.net
Sat Apr 14 17:16:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm playing around with an extbase extension and have some strange
behaviour.

I have a custom edit-action. I edit a form and want to send it to the
update-action. But that never happens. I get back to the edit-action
again and again and there are no form errors.

I tried to generate a link to another action also:
<f:link.action action="list">Just4fun</f:link.action>
but I get back to the edit action :-(

I have now two ideas:

1) Does a switchableControllerAction always _force_ the execution of
that action again and again, or does it set the default action that is
called when entering the page in FE for the first time?

2) Cache problems: How to clear _all_ the caches during development? Is
it enough to clear the page cache and delete the temp_CACHED_* files to
get a clean state? I've heard something about an reflection cache...

Hope anybody has an idea :-)

Regards,
Gerd