[TYPO3-mvc] foreign_sortby messes up fields

Christian Kartnig office at hahnepeter.de
Fri Sep 30 09:51:14 CEST 2011

Hi!

I just discovered a very strange behaviour. I have an aggregate root
named "company" and several 1:n IRRE relations to it. If I specify the
sorting via "foreign_sortby", the field specified gets overwritten by
numbers that indicate the sorting, everytime I create a new child record.

e.g. I have three records of the child object 'turnover', where
foreign_sortby is set to the field 'year'. When I create a new turnover
record, the existing three records have 1,2,3 in their 'year' field,
instead of '2007', '2008', '2009'.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Should I file a bug?

best regards,
Christian