[TYPO3-mvc] MM on self using IRRE

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Sep 14 10:55:12 CEST 2011

Hey folks,

>>> I'm no IRRE expert, but what I could say is, that extbase doesn't
>>> support IRRE with an t3-core mm-table. If I have it correct in mind,
>>> you could define an irre based mm-relation by using an own special
>>> mm-model. I think, that there are some examples here.
>
>> thanks for your response. Using IRRE MM with Extbase itself is not the
>> problem.
>
> Ok, then I mixed this up. It's the other way round. Extbase doesn't
> support IRRE MM relations *without* the core-mm-table.

I don't have any problems with IRRE eitherway - at least none that I
know of. I only know that IRRE itself didn't work correctly for quite
some time using a MM table - but I think that was fixed in 4.4.x.

>> Using it as a relation to itself (i.e. Post<-M:N->  Post to
>> show related posts) does not work out with IRRE/Extbase.

why would you bind related posts to some other post using IRRE? Is there
the need to directly edit the related posts? If not, just use a simple
select/MM relation and you're fine. But IIRC I didn't have any issues
with IRRE and relations to the same table so far, but that could be
related to my local changes to Extbase for group support (I really need
to clean that up and push it to gerrit *note to myself*).