[TYPO3-mvc] MM on self using IRRE

Marc Bastian Heinrichs typo3 at mbh-web.de
Mon Sep 12 10:51:18 CEST 2011

Hej,

>> I'm no IRRE expert, but what I could say is, that extbase doesn't
>> support IRRE with an t3-core mm-table. If I have it correct in mind,
>> you could define an irre based mm-relation by using an own special
>> mm-model. I think, that there are some examples here.

> thanks for your response. Using IRRE MM with Extbase itself is not the
> problem.

Ok, then I mixed this up. It's the other way round. Extbase doesn't
support IRRE MM relations *without* the core-mm-table.

> Using it as a relation to itself (i.e. Post <-M:N-> Post to
> show related posts) does not work out with IRRE/Extbase.

Core MM-table (without IRRE) doesn't support relations to itself. I
think, that Extbase uses the core MM functions (and ignores the special
IRRE-configuration), so this could be the reason.

Best
Marc Bastian