[TYPO3-mvc] extbase update a root object updates foreign child objects

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Fri Sep 9 15:28:02 CEST 2011

hi Matthias,

If you use 1:n relations then the child objects are moved (field value on child record pointing to parent record uid gets overwritten). With a m:n relation what you describe should work (mm-table is updated with new relations and existing references from/to other parent objects are preserved).

Cheers,
Claus