[TYPO3-mvc] extbase update a root object updates foreign child objects

Matthias Schubert speedymaze at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 14:25:13 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have an issue concerning extbase and the update() method.

I got an existing root object which already was in the repository with
no child objects. What I do is adding many child objects to the
transient root object und persist it to the repository with
update($root).

What now happens is, that older child objects from other root objects
are updated and so deleted for the other root. Why is this happening?
Is there a failure in the model? How can I avoid this?

I will be very thankfull for any suggenstions.

Regards,

Matthias