[TYPO3-mvc] Rendering a plugin using extbase inside a fluid template kills all variables

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Thu Sep 1 15:15:42 CEST 2011

Hey Dennis,

> I guess, that the problem is, that the extbase bootstrap is started a
> second time, initializes a new Fluid SyntaxTree and VariableContainer
> etc. and the variables in the first context get "killed" for this reason.
I am also quite sure that the problem is related to the nested
initialization of Extbase. However, I am quite sure that the error is
*not* in Fluid, as Fluid itself is fully stateless and does not contain
any singletons which would influence this behavior.

I'd suggest that you'll use a very simple inner plugin, where the action
just returns a string directly like that:

public function indexAction() {
    return "my string";
}

... as this circumvents Fluid completely for the inner plugin. And then
you can maybe more easily debug what the problem in the bootstrap is.

Hope that gives you at least a start,
Sebastian