[TYPO3-mvc] Rendering a plugin using extbase inside a fluid template kills all variables

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:59:58 CEST 2011

Hi list,

i have written a plugin, that renders various content elements in tabs
using jquery. The backend forms work as expected and all content
elements, that were rendered by typoscript work as expected.

The fluid template looks like this:

<f:for each="{list.taggedContentItems}" as="item">
<a name="tabs-{list.uid}-{item.tag.uid}"></a>
<f:for each="{item.content}" as="content">
<f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="tt_content.{content.CType}"
data="{content.rawContent}" />
</f:for>
</f:for>

If tt_content.{content.CType} points to a plugin, that uses extbase and
fluid itself, both for-ViewHelpers stop iterating without any error
after the rendering of this plugin/content element (cObjectViewHelper).

I guess, that the problem is, that the extbase bootstrap is started a
second time, initializes a new Fluid SyntaxTree and VariableContainer
etc. and the variables in the first context get "killed" for this reason.

Any ideas or suggestions on this topic? I don't know how to prove, if my
suggestion is right and how to change the design, or work around this
behaviour.

regards
Dennis