[TYPO3-mvc] problem with the output of limited multilingual domain objects

Kerstin Eitner eitner.kerstin at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:15:08 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

today i discovered a problem with the output of limited multilingual
domain objects in my extbase extension.

I have written an extbase extension for events which i use on a
multilingual typo3 project (german, english).

In my event storage folder there are three event data records, but only
two of them are translated in english.

Event data records:
A german
B german, english
C german, english

Now there is a box on a page which should show the latest events -
limited to two of them.

I tried the $query->setLimit(2); option in my repository-function and
then i fetched all the data and limited it in my fluid-template with a
paginator to the number of two, but the output stays the same:

In the german version i can see the output of A and B.
In the english version in contrast, there is only B shown.

I guess that extbase fetches the objects (without any regard to the
mulilingualism) and the fluid template recognizes that the object has no
english translation and so it is not shown...

Am i right with my supposition? Does anybody know a solution to this
problem or am i doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any hints and help

Kerstin Eitner