[TYPO3-mvc] view renderer ignores action argument

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Tue Oct 18 11:07:44 CEST 2011

On Oct 18, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Peter Niederlag wrote:

> as
> "setTemplateFileName('Foobar')" is mostly what the developer would like
> to do. ;)

I have never seen anyone asking for a way to do the above, nor have I ever needed to do it. Neither has anyone else that I know of… before now :)

The only place I can imagine this making sense is when used as a standalone template (more the exception than the rule)?

Are you sure this is not just an idiosyncrasy? IMHO setTemplatePathAndFilename() is the way to achieve the above if you really must override the standard behavior.

Cheers,
Claus