[TYPO3-mvc] view renderer ignores action argument

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Tue Oct 18 10:47:35 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 15.10.2011 09:59, schrieb Bastian Waidelich:
> Thomas Allmer wrote:
[...]
>> and I mean it's just as simple as making a function public instead of
>> protected... [...]
>
> This might seem to be an easy decision, but it has to be considered very
> well, which parts of the Framework are public (api) and which aren't -
> and it has to be in sync with FLOW3.
> I don't see a reason, why this shouldn't be public in this case, but
> it's not a matter of changing the string "protected" to "public"
> unfortunately.

IMO a much easier/nicer way would be to have an API for
"setTemplateFileName". In general one doesn't care for the rootpath but
just wants to change the name of the last part, the template file name.

This is currently pretty hard to solve.

Making getTemplateRootPath() public would simplify this but still might
rather be a workaround in most situations as
"setTemplateFileName('Foobar')" is mostly what the developer would like
to do. ;)

Greets,
Peter
--