[TYPO3-mvc] findByProperty($property) return empty storage with string property

Claus Fassing claus at fassing.eu
Fri Nov 11 11:45:15 CET 2011

Hello Henjo,

Am 10.11.2011 20:48, schrieb Henjo Hoeksma:
> I have ran into situations where locally (Mac) upper/lowercase was handled
> differently then on the server (Linux).

as I described the developer workstation and the target server are both
based on linux systems ;)

I got a workaround now. I have to overload the magic method and it works
as expected.

     public function findByStreet($street){
         $query = $this->createQuery();
         $result = $query->matching($query->equals('street',
$street))->execute();
         if (count($result) > 0) {
                 return $result;

"street" is the db column. Usually, if no further operation needed, this
should work out of the box without to overload the method.
But only on the target server I get no result if I don't do this (only
with string value). Strange anyway.

Regards Claus