[TYPO3-mvc] Problem with overwriting $this->settings with values from pluginConfiguration

Sebastian Schreiber me at schreibersebastian.de
Tue Nov 1 08:02:40 CET 2011

Am 31.10.2011 21:19, schrieb Stefan Frömken:
> Hello MVC-Team,
>
> my Plugin is configurable with TypoScript:
>
> plugin.tx_plugin {
>     settings {
>         ...many settings
>     }
> }
>
> and Extbase overwrites these settings with the plugin-flexform which
> also has
>
> settings.xyz
>
> defined.
>
> At the first look of view it works like expected: The value of
> FlexForm overwrites the Value from TS.
> BUT: When a value in FlexForm is empty it overwrites the TS-Value, too.
>
> How to solve this problem? All Extbase-methods to read FlexFormValues
> are marked as protected...so I can't access them. piBase is old and I
> don't want to use this in modern extensionprogramming.
>
> The method mergeConfigurationIntoFrameworkConfiguration always calls
> t3lib_div::array_merge_recursive_overrule with the fourth attribute as
> TRUE, so all empty values from Flexform will overwrite the filled
> values from TS.
>
> So...any ideas to prevent from overwriting or do you have another
> solution?
>
> Stefan
Hi Stefan,
you could override this method by our own FrontendConfigurationManager.
Have a look at my blog post:
http://blog.schreibersebastian.de/2011/10/wo-sind-die-xclasses-bei-extbase-und-fluid/
(german only, sorry for that).

Afterwards you should be able to override the method.

--
Sebastian Schreiber
(Medieninformatiker B.Sc.)

Schanzenstraße 27, Schlosserei 4