[TYPO3-mvc] extbase: Use another field than uid for action controllers

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri May 20 22:57:29 CEST 2011

Hey,

>> But in my case I need to pass the value of another database-field,
>> which would be the key field to look up the record.
>>
>> How can I tell extbase to simply use another field than "uid"?
>
> Really depends on what you want to achieve. ;)
>
> You need some field to be used as unique key, currently this is still
> partly hardcoded to 'uid'. See thread around
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-typo3v4mvc/2011-April/009263.html.

In the meantime you can simply pass your custom property value annotated
as "string" or whatever it is and then simply grab the item from the
repository like Stefan showed in his answer.

> I have now created a corresponding ticket and added a patch on the
> review-queue:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/26937
> https://review.typo3.org/#change,2270

thanks Peter, I'll have a look at it, but don't have the time to
actually run some tests ATM. I'm still behind my schedule :(