[TYPO3-mvc] extbase: Use another field than uid for action controllers

Stefan Isak stefanisak at googlemail.com
Fri May 20 13:27:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

you should always deal with objects, instead of particular properties.
Whenever you have an object, you can access the uid as well as your custom id. So I don't see the point, yet.

What you might want to achieve is searching for an object based on a specific query string.
Therefore you simply pass your query string and use $this->myRepo->findBy[PropertyName]($queryString) to find respective objects.

Cheers
Stefan