[TYPO3-mvc] passing value to another plugin (i.e. action not in the flow)

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Fri Mar 25 19:31:34 CET 2011

Hello Christian,

Am 14.03.2011 11:40, schrieb christian oettinger:
> Hi list,
[...]
> But on my result page I have not only this results plugin, but the
> searchbox-Plugin again also. And I want it not to loose the entered
> searchword. The Flow does look like this:
>
> searchboxAction -> Form in searchbox view -> -> createSearchAction ->
> redirects to -> listSearchAction -> listSearch view

What Pluginsignatures do you use? Is it two different Plugins? Two
different Controllers?

> $this->request->setControllerActionName('searchbox');

you most likely don't want to set the actionName in this way.

> $this->request->setArgument('searchword',$newSearch->getSearchword());

sometimes

you want to setArgument(), but only if you know what your are
doing. ;)

> in createSearchAction - but probably I got his wrong?

Passing arguments and value actaully is rather easy, at least as long as
you stay within one plugin and keep the names of the variables.

to help you more on ewould need to know a little bit mor about your
concrete code.

hth and Greets,
Peter
--