[TYPO3-mvc] passing value to another plugin (i.e. action not in the flow)

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 14 11:40:34 CET 2011

Hi list,

maybe Im just dumb but I don't get it:

I have a plugin with a search box. When entering a value it aims on
another page where I have another plugin showing the search results.
Everythng works fine so far.
But on my result page I have not only this results plugin, but the
searchbox-Plugin again also. And I want it not to loose the entered
searchword. The Flow does look like this:

searchboxAction -> Form in searchbox view ->
-> createSearchAction -> redirects to -> listSearchAction -> listSearch view

So searchbox view ist not in the Flow after sending the Form. How do I
get a value in my searchboxAction (in my case the searchword)? I already
tried:

$this->request->setControllerActionName('searchbox');
$this->request->setArgument('searchword',$newSearch->getSearchword());

in createSearchAction - but probably I got his wrong?

thanks for any hint!
christian(oe)