[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:14:15 CET 2011

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> not necessarily - piBased plugins can use the very same concept - it's
> just a matter of implementation.

How many of them do? If you talk about theoretical possibility, yes, it is
possible. But who cares here and now about theoretical possibility? Let's
be close to the practice. We have a problem to solve, let's solve it :)

> If I got you right, it's currently not necessarily a Extbase bug
> (although Extbase might use the USER_INT switch a bit uncommon), but
> merely a wrong plugin configuration by the developer, because with
> Extbase you of course can also split up cached/noncached actions in
> separate plugins like in the pi world.

It is a wrong implementation in the Extbase that comes from a
misunderstanding of how cHash works. Since Extbase supports having cached
and non-cached actions in the same plugin, it should correctly switch
between them and produce proper links, that's all.

> So there is currently no way in TYPO3 to properly mix cached and
> noncached actions within one plugin without flooding the page cache.
> Sounds like a missing TYPO3 feature for me. What do you think about my
> suggestion with the special token/parameter indicating nonCached actions?

Well, I do not think we need cHash in TYPO3 at all. It is perfectly
possible to implement content caching without passing it here and there.
But it is a big job, which will require many hours to implement.

As to tokens, I think they will complicate stuff even more I think.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org