[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem?

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Mar 23 10:26:40 CET 2011

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

Hi Dmitry,
thanks for your remarks!

> But in case of Extbase there must be always a cHash if there are cached
> and non-cached actions. It would be a good optimization to really check
> if there are two types of actions in the same plugin. But I am not sure
> if it is possible because links are generated by FLUID, which is a
> separate extension.

The actual URLs are generated through the UriBuilder in Extbase [1]. In
the uriFor() method the cHash is disabled if the target action is not
cacheable (since Extbase 1.3).
I already experimented with a solution that only removes the cHash if
target action is not cacheable *and* the target page is not the same as
the current page. But that behavior is not very transparent IMO and it
probably doesn't cover all situations.

So, I agree with Franz: To solve this cleanly, we probably need to
extend the caching mechanism in the core.. Until then I would revert the
feature as polluting the cache seems to be the lesser of the two evils.

Or do you have an idea?

Best,
Bastian

[1]