[TYPO3-mvc] How to set default values for a new Model object?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 16 12:17:48 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm wondering what is the proper way of setting default values when
creating a new model object. In the controller, I have the newAction()
method which is supposed to receive an empty model object (according to
the comments generated by the Extbase kickstarter).

But it seems like I'm not receiving an object actually. When I tried to
call a setter, I had an error about calling a method on a non-object.

Is the auto-generated comment wrong? Is there something to change
somewhere (controller? repository?) so that there's really an instance
of the model object being passed to the newAction() method? Or should
default values really be set in a totally different way?

Thanks in advance for information

--

Francois Suter