[TYPO3-mvc] ExtBase 1.3 and cache

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Mar 1 14:18:03 CET 2011

Hey Pankaj,

> To summarize why I am so much confused about which workaround to choose:
>
> 1. Considering the fact that cached/non-cached actions are handled
> correctly as long as the default action is non-cached -- So adding a
> fake non-cached action to the list of available controller/actions as
> the first one?

how would a "fake" action would look like? The first action defined will
be triggered, so how to fake something?

> 2. Have all links and form actions contain cHash forcefully -- Not sure
> how this will solve the problem because fluid automatically do not add
> cHash for non-cached actions?

That was old behaviour, and although it was wrong to have a cHash for
nonCached actions it was keeping things up and running correctly. So a
bugfix could look like also appending a cHash to links to nonCached
actions IF the first action of the current plugin instance is cached.

> 3. Put cached/non-cached actions on different pages -- Along with
> implementing #2 and not setting the page cache off?

That's the only way I currently see how to solve this. So place a plugin
of your extension on page a) and allow cached action via
switchableControllerActions here. On page b) do the same, but allow the
nonCached actions via switchableControllerActions.

Mixing cached and nonCached actions in the very same plugin instance is
in many cases not the best idea anyway - but probably required for some
rare cases. But as I said - we have to discuss that.