[TYPO3-mvc] ExtBase 1.3 and cache

Pankaj Lele pankaj at lelesys.com
Tue Mar 1 13:48:24 CET 2011

Hello Franz,

Thanks so far.

> Where have I said that you have to disable the cache for the page? You
> don't have to.

Yes, disabling page cache is bad idea but I still not clear what you
mean exactly by putting USER and USER_INT actions on different pages. Is
there a working example which proves this workaround?

> And don't get fooled by the fact that the plugin itself is by default of
> type USER. It's converted to USER_INT on runtime depending on the action
> triggered. So instead of having a TS switch for this like in old extbase
> this is now done by php inside extbase using TYPO3 core functionality.

Yes, I have gone through code for this to see how it works. Maybe I have
to look into how cHash works. I assume TYPO3 looks up the cHash value in
the cache table and if found a valid record then content is directly
read from the table otherwise content is generated and saved into cache.

To summarize why I am so much confused about which workaround to choose:

1. Considering the fact that cached/non-cached actions are handled
correctly as long as the default action is non-cached -- So adding a
fake non-cached action to the list of available controller/actions as
the first one?

2. Have all links and form actions contain cHash forcefully -- Not sure
how this will solve the problem because fluid automatically do not add
cHash for non-cached actions?

3. Put cached/non-cached actions on different pages -- Along with
implementing #2 and not setting the page cache off?

Hope this makes the questions more clear. I am also wondering if I am
the only one having this big trouble or I am doing something stupid very
wrong.

--

With best regards,
Pankaj Lele