[TYPO3-mvc] form-viewhelper with get-method

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Jun 20 09:59:01 CEST 2011

Stefan Neufeind wrote:

Hi Stefan,

> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/27415
> [...] When using get values from the URL aren't picked up
> anymore [...]. Thus they are lost.

That's a common behavior of the *browser*. It's the same when (for
example) using indexed_search: You'll have to put GET variables in
hidden fields if they are not part of the URI and would be passed as
query parameters. E.g. if you don't use readable URLs (realURL,...) you
even have to create a hidden field for the *id* parameter.

Having said that, I agree that we could make this easier in Fluid by
adding the hidden fields automatically for method GET.

The way we should probably implement this, would be to create the action
URI as before, parse it with *parse_url()* and retrieve the query
parameters with *parse_str()* And then we could create the hidden fields
from them. This should happen for GET only and it should be possible to
deactivate it IMO.

Note: I add those comments to the issue as well.

Best,
Bastian