[TYPO3-mvc] any suggestions on how to implement a eav

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Mon Jun 6 11:47:46 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 03.06.2011 11:14, schrieb Mario Beiser:
> dear list,
>
> just doing some conceptional work for a fronted ressource planning
> application based on extbase.
> ATM I am analyzing diffrent approaches to have a eav model for some
> ressources.
>
> Does anyone have made some experience with this before?

We have implemented an eav model for custom tables by digging into
magento and doing something similiar for TYPO3 (managing attributes and
attributesets via an extjs based GUI in TYPO3 BE) some years ago (no
extbase involved). We have one working installation for a customer but
never realized our initial plans to make it a public extension. ;(

IMO it is a quite powerful approach as users can really change the
"model/attributes" themselves. I don't know how well that works with
extbase domain-modelling though.

If you want/need to support localisation and versioning it is quite a
little bit of work!

Greets and good luck,
Peter
--