[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid widgets

Pankaj Lele pankaj at lelesys.com
Fri Jul 15 15:55:19 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to use Fluid widgets (Extbase and Fluid 1.3 shipped with
TYPO3 4.5.3) for dealing with small piece of content and updating the
content with AJAX.

For my custom widget I am often getting error "No widget context was
found for the Ajax Widget Identifier "97fbf3db59942b109597c96ae8910d42".
This only happens if AJAX URIs are called without including the widget
on a page.". I can see this error in the FireBug console.

This error goes off if I clear all FE cache and reload the page. Is
there any fix for this?

Overall my widget is working *very well* and just this error happens
some times. I have implemented my widget exactly like how e.g.
autocomplete is implemented without any mistakes.

I have following widget setup:

ControllerA->someAction() (routed non cached),

SomeAction.html:

{namespace e=Tx_MyExt_ViewHelpers}
<e:widget.mywidget abc="{xyz}" />

e:widget.mywidget renders via
Resources/Private/Templates/ViewHelpers/Widget/Mywidget/Index.html. Some
AJAX action is written in this file.

The AJAX URI is built with standard {f:widget.uri(action:'mywidget',
ajax: 1)}

In Class Tx_MyExt_ViewHelpers_Widget_MywidgetViewHelper, set:
protected $ajaxWidget = TRUE;

Thanks,
Pankaj

--