[TYPO3-mvc] View not found

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 26 14:52:11 CET 2011

Hi,

> So in the beginning the flexform said
>
> <switchableControllerActions>
>           <TCEforms>
>            <label>Gewünschte Übersicht</label>
>            <config>
>            <type>select</type>
>            <items>
>              <numIndex index="0">
>                 <numIndex index="0">Projekt</numIndex>
>                 <numIndex
>              index="1">Project->list;Project->exportProjectList;Customer->list</numIndex>
>              </numIndex>
> <snip>...</snip>
>              </items>
>            </config>
>           </TCEforms>
>        </switchableControllerActions>
>
> I changed that to
>
> <numIndex index="1">Project->listProjects;Customer->listCustomers</num>
>
> After clearing all caches the backend shows ["Invalid configuration
> Project->list;Customer->list"] in the drop down.

well, that's clear. You're having a select field here and
"Project->list;Project->exportProjectList;..." is your select key. Now
you changed the select key for that option and the previously stored key
is now a "invalid configuration" because the key doesn't exist anymore.
You have to reselect the "Project" option and save the flexform in order
to apply your new configuration.

> I then navigate to the page in question on the front end and the page
> was shown correctly. After I tried to export the shown list, I got the
> view not found error.

The "view not found error" is displaying the name of the action/view it
tried to render at the end of this message. Which view is mentioned
there, and have you also renamed your templates itself as well as the
action names used inside the templates according to your new action
names? If not, that's your problem.

>> In that case you should have gotten a
>> "Tx_Extbase_MVC_Exception_NoSuchAction" exception or you get
>> redirected to the default action for your plugin.
>
> I think that's my current problem. Can I set the behaviour here, so
> that I get the exception?

that's not configurable. If the action is present in your controller
(like you confirmed below) it still can be called (if allowed), so you
won't see an exception.

>> If that didn't happen the action name still might have existed in
>> your controller?
>
> The error only happened on calling another action and both existed.

If you're accidentally triggering your old action name and it still
exists and is callable (public and not private) the action will be
called. And if there is no template available for that action you'll get
the "view not found" message.