[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: Migrating to Git/Gerrit

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 26 13:50:42 CET 2011

Stefano Cecere schrieb am 26.01.2011 12:51:
> wow... found a git plugins for Netbeans:
>
> http://nbgit.org/
> and
> http://netbeans.org/projects/versioncontrol/pages/Git_main
>
> do you suggest to use it also for local development?
>
> right now i'm very happy with SVN/Versions ... well... i guess untill
> all main TYPO3 4.x stuff will stay in SVN, we all will keep it...

Just FYI, the plan is to migrate TYPO3 v4 core to GIT also starting
after "4.5.1". The "GIT Taskforce" [1] is currently kick-starting this.

So it's worth preparing yourself to it. :)

I think "git pull" is what you want to do when you have local changes
(it will merge the remote repository change into your repository).

Here [2] are some basics (from the FLOW3 team), but there are tons of
good documentation around.

Get ready to GIT!

Cheers,
Ernesto