[TYPO3-mvc] RFT (Request For Tests): support for TCA group fields (hurry to probably get it into 1.3.0)

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 26 03:41:52 CET 2011

Hey Kevin,

> thanks for the hint. After adding $newItem->addPortal($portal); my
> relation isn't deleted anymore and also the count is fine.

strange thing is, that I was not able to reproduce the behavior you
mentioned (also not without the back reference). So I wonder what's the
cause of this in your case.
I assume it's because the portal as aggregate root gets persisted first
and is creating the reference. Then the new item is processed and the
same relation is processed again from the opposite side, first wiping
all existing relations (which is intended) and then recreates it. And in
case you haven't created a back reference there is no relation to
recreate which would be correct from the point of the new item itself,
but of course not for your intention. Question is here, is this really a
bug in Extbase or expected behavior due to the missing back reference in
the item? For me it's expected behavior and is/was more a bug in your
extension. But I'm open for discussion and concepts to solve this issue
- currently I can't think of a automated solution for this because how
should extbase know which of the objects is holding the more recent
state of that specific relation?.