[TYPO3-mvc] RFT (Request For Tests): support for TCA group fields (hurry to probably get it into 1.3.0)

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Jan 25 21:39:04 CET 2011

Hey Kevin,

> i just tested it with MM_opposite_field without luck. The parents table
> field is incremented by one, but no relation is written to the MM table
> and the child table field isn't incremented.

just found the time to test the dummy extension you thankfully provided.
On testing it I first created some portals in the Backend, as well as
some items and added relations to portals. Having a look at the MM table
I found that Typo3 itself isn't filling the column "tablenames", and
extbase isn't too - so this would be correct then. Also adding items in
the Frontend worked like a charm - so I currently don't see any issue
here and can't tell why it didn't work for you.

You also mentioned the missing update of the relation count on opposite
fields. Just had a look and found that you can bypass that by creating a
back reference to the portal also in the itemObject

public function createAction($portal, $newItem) {
	$portal->addItem($newItem);
	$newItem->addPortal($portal);