[TYPO3-mvc] How to design/structure complex find operations?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Jan 24 16:29:10 CET 2011

Hey,

> I just had a short look at it and as far as i can see it's quit similar
> to what i called "findConfiguration".

yea, it's pretty much the same, but probably a better naming though ;)

> I my case i would need to create such a demandObject from
> controller:settings (and controller::arguments perhaps) but that's not a
> big deal.
>
> Would you extend the demand object to transfer ordering things?

depends on your preferences - I personally leave them out of my demand
objects for the simple reason that I like to have that consistent
throughout all my repository methods, and not all need the "overhead" of
a demandObject. Also it's a bit easier to follow for me - but that's
just my personal taste. Others put all inside the demandObject to have
everything at a central place.

> I would be nice if you could point me to related information. I didn't
> find anything useful in a rush.

Actually there isn't much I know of and I think that little around might
not help you much as you already seem to be a pro :)