[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #12212 Ajax widgets don't honor sys_language_uid

Kevin Ulrich Moschallski km at 3digit.de
Fri Jan 14 13:33:45 CET 2011

On 2011-01-14 13:09:06 +0100, Franz Koch said:

> Hey,
>
>> Problem:
>>
>> wrote a small widget to load more objects via ajax. I noticed, that
>> fluid ajax widgets don't honor the current sys_language_uid.
>> I added the sys_language_uid from get variable L to the bootstrapper and
>> added it to the link and uri viewhelper as argument.
>
> I don't think this is the correct solution for this. There could also
> be other getVars that should get preserved (which can be configured via
> page.config in TS). Also the variable "L" doesn't strictly have to be
> used for the language - it could be changed to some other name.
>
> Also, TSFE has to take care of this in general, not FLUID. So I wonder
> why this is not the case in your setup - maybe all you have to do is to
> adjust the TS for the AJAX widget page correctly or define your global
> page config via "config" and not "page.config" in order to apply them
> to all pageTypes?

Hi Franz,

thanks for your reply. You're right simply getting get variable L isn't
correct, i forgot about the possibility to configure it.

My TS sets the language in "config." not "page.config.". Also i tried
to add it to the AJAX response TS without success.

I think the problem is that the AJAX uri is build with
http_build_query(), which is of course not aware of any TSFE stuff.

The normal link is create with the uriBuilder. But i think there is an
reason why it isn't used for the ajax uri. I will experiment on this
and try to fix it in a propper way.

Regards,
Kevin