[TYPO3-mvc] Cascading ViewHelper

Tim Schoch | GSTALTIG tim.schoch at gstaltig.ch
Thu Jan 13 10:33:51 CET 2011

Hello Sebastian

> Sure it has some special idea behind: It's the only chance you can make
> the parser's behavior non-ambiguous; else the parser could not know if
> you are nesting things or if they are siblings.

My guess was, that every { opens a parser 'instance' which itself gets the most outer {} in the passed string and passes possible substring to a new instance. Sort of in an outside-in fashioned way. But I can see the Problem araising with finding the delimiter when using the {} outside of double quotes. But the possible solutions are known and limited.

Siblings could be detected by a closing bracket followed by a opening one. If they are nested the closing bracked would never be followed-up by an opening bracket, wouldn't it? But, as you said, others haven't found a solution for this and they're probably much smarter then me. So there must be some kind of drawback to it.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time explaining the whys behind extbase and fluid. Very appreciated!
Tim