[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid ajax widget getContainer() problem and sys_language_id problem

Kevin Ulrich Moschallski km at 3digit.de
Mon Jan 10 22:15:49 CET 2011

Hi list,

i wrote a small fluid widget to load additional entries of a list of objects.

First of all, i had to patch the fluid widget bootstrapper because i
got a unknown method error for getContainer(). See the patch at this
message. I don't know if it's a bug or a configuration issue. After
this, the widget works fine when i add pluginName to the links
generated inside my partial.

I had to use a partial because renderChildren isn't working with ajax
widgets like the doc says.

Now my only problem is that my widget controller seems to be unaware of
the current sys_language_id.

Does anyone has some experience with ajax widgets and sys_languages? Or
should i don't use widget for this case and better call my original
controller with type=xml/json and a $limit and $offset param?

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards,
Kevin