[TYPO3-mvc] Problems with property "order"

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Dec 2 11:37:26 CET 2011

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

Hi,

> Being an abstraction layer, one can imagine that you shouldn't care
> about what kind of "persistence layer" is running when modeling my domain.

FYI: We have similar issues in FLOW3, as Doctrine doesn't automatically
quote columns either (though it can be enabled for certain columns/tables).
You can read something about their reasoning for not implementing this
at [1].

We thought about quoting property/model names if they use reserved words
in FLOW3, but that turned out to be close to impossible given the
growing number of features and databases.

For me it boils down to: An abstraction layer allows you to switch the
backend, but it rarely frees you completely from having to optimize your
code to the concrete implementation somehow.

Not saying that it wouldn't be nice though ;)

Best,
Bastian

[1] http://www.doctrine-project.org/jira/browse/DBAL-40