[TYPO3-mvc] Problems with property "order"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Dec 2 11:18:58 CET 2011

Felix Oertel schrieb am 01.12.2011 18:53:
> hey,
>
> Am 01.12.11 09:38, schrieb Simon Schaufelberger:
>> i would make a bug report since this really seems like an extbase bug.
>
> one is not supposed to use reserved mysql keywords as fieldnames ... i
> don't think extbase should help with that.

Being an abstraction layer, one can imagine that you shouldn't care
about what kind of "persistence layer" is running when modeling my domain.

If we would introduce a blacklist of model names based on "MySQL
reserved words", it would break this abstraction. Imagine that I switch
persistence layer, which has yet another list of reserved words, maybe
then breaking my whole application?

As it is possible to quote the reserved words in any MySQL query, it
should be fixed some day in Extbase (Typo3DbBackend.php).

That's my point of view at least.

Cheers,
Ernesto