[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase documentation (Followup T3DD11 workshop)

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Aug 25 15:15:38 CEST 2011

Nico de Haen wrote:

Hi Nico,

> We had a workshop at the T3DD11 where we collected ideas concerning the
> improvement of the extbase documentation [...]

thanks for bringing this up again. I think, the missing/incorrect/hard
to find documentation is still the major issue of Extbase & Fluid.
Unfortunately I'm already swamped with technical & organizational work
so I can't take over the responsibility here. But of course I'm willing
to help restructuring and tweaking the documentation once we have a
masterplan. Also there were quite some people that offered help.

If noone adopts this problem soon, I'll bring it up again in the core
team - after all Extbase & Fluid are part of the core too.

> I think http://wiki.typo3.org/Extbase would be a good place to collect
> such stuff [...]

I agree. But, as mentioned in the ETM, it would probably be even more
confusing if we would just open yet another source for documentation.
So with that step we should move all important docs to the new place and
mark the forge wiki obsolete.

> PS: It is not too difficult to transfer stuff from redmine wiki to
> mediawiki by the way.
> See http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/try for example

Very nice. Are you willing to try it out with one (or all ;) of the
existing wiki pages?

Best,
Bastian