[TYPO3-mvc] Properties validation of Nested objects is just a missing feature?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sun Aug 14 11:51:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

> When I submit and aggregated root object form only direct properties of the
> aggregated root are validated but validation (against properties
> annotations) for nested objects properties seems to be not performed and
> then invalid objects are created.
>
> Is this nested object validation just a missing feature or I'm missing
> something?

as of Extbase 1.3 it's not possible, unless you write a custom validator
to do so - that at least worked for me. IIRC I already shared the code
of my validator somewhere in the NG - do you mind searching for it?
Unfortunately I'm currently quite in a hurry to go more into details
again. Hth for now.