[TYPO3-mvc] List Module - ExtJs vs TCA Engine

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian.mueller at typo3.org
Sat Apr 30 10:49:08 CEST 2011

Hey Sébastien,

the list view in TYPO3v5 will be based on ExtJS alone as the whole
backend. In the current development version it is very basic and based
on a grid component, still that is the way to go. It gets its data from
an ExtDirect service on the server side.  We haven't defined a
replacement for TCA yet but we have started a simple form abstraction
with ExtJS that should finally provide something similar to TCAForms
now. We plan to introduce "widgets" to edit certain types of properties
with a default configuration but of course everything will be
configurable. So for TYPO3v5 you would be on the right way to do it.

In v4 TCA makes form creation just so much easier that I have so far
decided against building fully customized forms. What I have done is
replacing the default TCA elements for custom ones by using "user" as
type when necessary.

Christian