[TYPO3-mvc] List Module - ExtJs vs TCA Engine

Sebastien Laroche seb.laroche at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 17:12:41 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have many modules that were developed with the new MVC patterns
(base on extbase) and I have used ExtJs to increase the user
experience because most of the time clients are not really satisfied
by the basic list module interface. All work fine, but it takes more
time to develop each module instead of using the list module with
auto-generated form by TCA Engine to edit the records ( I am using
ExtJS for listing in a grid view and a custom ExtJS form to edit
records). Also, by taking this approach, I lost the advantage of using
I.R.R.E for relating objects when dependence occurs. So, am I on the
best way to do it?  Is it better to have more control in a customized
form with MVC and validators instead of taking advantage of TCA
Engine? Is there someone that know how the basic list module will be
implemented in TYPO3v5?

What is your opinion?
Thank you for all the information.
Have a good day