[TYPO3-mvc] debug repository object with debug()

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Apr 29 07:06:47 CEST 2011

Hey Steffen,
> I'd also like to see an option to get rid of the HTML. Otherwise it is
> not possible to dump to other targets than the browser. I use firebug
> console via firephp for example.
+1!

> Also var_dump has general purpose. It is not limited to objects of
> certain types. So I'd rename Extbase::var_dump() to Extbase::dumpModel()
Well, I am not 100% sure, but the var dump *can* work with arbitary
objects, it just does not descend into certain objects like
Repositories, Object Manager, Persistence Manager (which contain lots
and lots of sub objects).

So, I am not sure if the renaming makes sense; but besides that it'd be
great to have this functionality cleaned up.
> Is there a chance to get a patch into extbase which includes these
> concerns?
Sure :)

Greets,
Sebastian