[TYPO3-mvc] debug repository object with debug()

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Apr 28 17:37:54 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 28.04.2011 16:54 Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

> Would you be willing to port your Extension to Extbase again, and submit
> a review Request in Gerrit?

As soon as I find the time, I will.
I don't like the implementation as it is now. Especially echoing content
directly...
The original var_dump() function has an additional switch to copy the
output into a variable:
$content = var_dump($data, TRUE);

I'd also like to see an option to get rid of the HTML. Otherwise it is
not possible to dump to other targets than the browser. I use firebug
console via firephp for example.

Also var_dump has general purpose. It is not limited to objects of
certain types. So I'd rename Extbase::var_dump() to Extbase::dumpModel()

Is there a chance to get a patch into extbase which includes these
concerns?

--
cheers,
Steffen