[TYPO3-mvc] Issues with DateTime objects and PHP 5.2.14 - always return present day

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Apr 11 07:15:21 CEST 2011

Hey folks,

I need some help before going totally nuts. I've just installed a
extbase (current GIT version) based extension on a live server running
PHP 5.2.14 and have serious issues with DateTime objects.

For what reason ever all DateTime objects have the date of the present
day and not the value stored in DB and I have no clue why. Anybody ever
came across such a curiosity?
I try to get a update to PHP 5.3.x by the admins, but that might not be
possible.

Any ideas?