[TYPO3-mvc] Custom templates for widgets

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Fri Apr 8 23:16:30 CEST 2011

On 2011-02-11 13:00:18 +0100, Peter Bücker said:

> Hi all,
>
> I've written a small patch that allows the templateRootPath of widgets
> to be overwritten via TS: https://gist.github.com/f6eb626900c5487e3950.
> Example TS setup is included in the gist.
>
> The template file structure below the templateRootPath is preserved, so
> it is still like "ViewHelpers/Widget/@controllerName/@template. at format".
> I.e., if you set the templateRootPath to
> "EXT:myext/Resources/Private/Templates/", the full path to the paginate
> template would be
> "EXT:myext/Resources/Private/Templates/ViewHelpers/Widget/Paginate/index.html".
>
> Please try this out or have a look at it. If it works for you as well, I
> will post a feature request on the bug tracker.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

sounds nice to have :-)
Translating 'previous' etc. now requires to fully copy the widget to
your own extension. This would make it possible to only set different
templates and provide localization support in there. And more.

The first should probably be inserted default in Fluid, IMHO.

The latter: this one would be a great way to achieve enhancements. I'd
say: Gerrit is your friend :D

Henjo