[TYPO3-mvc] Sub folders inside folder Controller

Patrick Lobacher plobacher at n-o-g.de
Sat Apr 9 08:07:43 CEST 2011

Hi Nico,

> For instance I have an entity which is stored inside the folder
> "Classes/Domain/Model/Participants/Participant.php". Now I would like to create
> a controller for this entity which is placed under
> "Classes/Controller/Participants/ParticipantController.php". As fare as good.

For what reason do you want to use subfolders in your Model? They just
contain 1 file (the appropriate Domain Model Class) and so it makes no
sense to store it there. Just put all Domain Model Classes inside
Classes/Domain/Model and you are fine.

For the same reason there is no need to have a subfolder for your
Controller as you have just one Controller for every Domain Model - so
put all Controllers inside the Classes/Controller/ dir.

The paradigm behind Extbase is "Convention over Configuration" - so if
you use the conventions everything works like a charm. Your approach (to
create direcories just to contain a single class inside) brings no
advantage at all - so it's better avoid it and use the given structure.

Bye
Patrick