[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid: how to render a multiple-select field as checkboxes?

David Bruchmann david at bruchmann-web.de
Wed Apr 6 10:49:06 CEST 2011

Am 06.04.2011 10:41, schrieb Franz Koch:

Hi,

Just 2  questions

>> Thanks for the info, although it didn't work out with the fake property
>> (maybe I did something wrong). The second solution seems more like a
>> hack.
>
> If you think so - for me it's just giving Fluid a helping hand where
> it's magic fails ;) To bad the fake property didn't work out.
>
> I guess the proper Extbase way of doing this would have been to
>> have a list value objects and proper database relations.

Until now I didn't understood the benefits of using fluid, the objects
are present in the form and could be rendered by php only.
Fluid is a overhad which needs to be rendered by it's own again.
Or did I miss here something?

> sure, real object relations would be better of course, but that's not
> always possible. But I wonder if it's no problem for you to change the
> single CSV field to multiple fields, why can't you use real object
> relations using a single field then?

As it's (or was) a normal select field (was only the frontend as
checkboxes): how a select-field with multiple options in fluid is
rendered, and why Francois doesn't use this way?

Greets,
David