[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid - accessing an object property by a dynamic index

Alexander Dick alex at dick.at
Tue Sep 14 21:06:36 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-14 19:44, Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:
> Hey,
>
> this cannot work, and if it does, it needs to be quickly removed :-)
> Can you double-check that the nesting works?

Hi Sebastian!

That feature would be really nice though.
I can think of varius situations where you would need that, and I
believe that many many developers will face this problem.

The syntax with the backticks {myObject.`foo.bar`} would be fairly
readable in my opinion, and the parsing would also be a lot easier
compared to nested curly braces (wich would be really ugly indeed).

I really miss that feature since I also work a lot with smarty, where
this is possible.

regards
Alex