[TYPO3-mvc] Validation on different page type?

Uwe Michelfelder um at limeflavour.com
Tue Sep 7 15:02:36 CEST 2010

Hi Felix,

the newAction calls the form from the link in the list, the sendAction
is called through the form tag of the form.

Important to know is, that everything works as expected, if I leave out
the pageType.

The difference is, that on the standard pageType, on validation errors
the process gets redirected to the newAction INCLUDING the corresponding
errors object. Using a different pageType, it also gets redirected back
to the newAction but without the errors object. Resulting in a partly
filled out form with outerror markers (errorClasses), which is a bad UX!

I filed a bug on forge about this.
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/9614

Greetings,
Uwe