[TYPO3-mvc] Get childs

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:20:02 CEST 2010

Hey,

Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
> Thank you Franz I`ll test in a moment
>
> My scenario is simple. I want to create something like a tree
>
> We have main block. Every block can have his own subblocks. Every subblock
> can have his own subsubblocks.
>
> Thats why subsubblock can`t be connected with main block. I`ve already
> displayed it like I wanted to but I`m wondering - thats why we`re talking
> atm - is there a buildin fluid method for this kind of operations.
>
> Maybe I`m steal pi_base oriented cause I`m learning the extbase and some
> habbits may stay in my way and documentation is poor but your knowlage is
> awsome :)

ok - your model looks like this than:

Block with mm-relation to Block -> each Block can have several blocks as
child.

- BlockA
  - BlockB
   - BlockE
  - BlockC
   - BlockD

If each layer should look the same - the above mentioned solutions are
possible.

Write your partial like Franz posted it related to your model.
The partial is than executed recursively for each block of your tree
with depth first. Related to the example structure above:
BlockA -> BlockB -> BlockE -> BlockC -> BlockD

regards
Dennis